Person-Centered Training – earn continuing education credits
Home / Person-Centered Training – earn continuing education credits
Offered by ProAct at the New Options- ProAct facility in Shakopee, this is a two-day, interactive training for acquiring and practicing effective person centered thinking skills. It’s being held on December 19 and 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some of the class elements include:
- Discovering what is important TO and what is important FOR a person
- The role of rituals & routines
- The power of being listened to
- The impact of having control
- What makes sense and what doesn’t: recording all perspectives
- How to respectfully address issues of health/ safety and support choice
- How to weight variables when matching people who receive supports and provide support
- Creating goals that help people get what is important to them while addressing what is important for them (e.g. safety).
Social Work and Nursing CEUs are offered.
Lunch will be provided for registered attendees.
Watch Certified Person-Centered Trainer Dennis Transue as he announces the new effort in 2017.
Start Date - End Date
Dec 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018
Start Time - End Time
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
792 Canterbury Road South, #132 Shakopee, 55379 United States