Are you passionate about helping others in the growing human services field? If so, come and join an energetic team committed to making a positive impact on the lives of individuals with disabilities. ProAct Inc is a private, non-profit organization looking for talented people with solid verbal and written communication skills and creative problem solving abilities.
The Employment Specialist position assists people with disabilities in exploring and learning about work, preparing for the workplace and securing competitive employment. You will provide on-going support for individuals once employment is obtained to ensure individuals maintain employment. The Employment Specialist seeks out job opportunities, develops relationships with employers and coordinates the placement activities to ensure goals are met.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to work independently
- Have reliable transportation
- Be creative, energetic and social
- Be willing to promote, develop, and network with community employers and team members
- Have experience with Customized Employment techniques preferred
$17.00 – $19.00 per hour + Quarterly Incentive Program
- $500 with first paycheck
- $500 after 3 months of employment
- $500 after 6 months of employment
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Business, Human Service or Vocational Rehabilitation related field preferred. Experience working with people with disabilities preferred. Successfully complete DHS background study prior to beginning employment.
- CPR and 1st Aid training provided after hire.
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record; insurable at non-risk rates.
- Be willing to use personal automobile for company business.
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. * Hours may vary to accommodate participant needs
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
ProAct Inc. is an equal opportunity employer