ProAct, Inc. is an $18 million private, nonprofit 501(c) corporation with a successful history of more than 47 years of providing a broad array of quality services for individuals with disabilities in several Minnesota and Western Wisconsin counties. Our mission at ProAct is: “To provide person-centered services that enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities in the areas of employment, life skills, and community inclusion.”
We serve about 800 people on a daily basis and more than 1,200 people annually out of 6 locations. We have a rich history of effective business engagement over decades. This combination of quality services and effective business relationships enhances opportunities for the people we serve.
We are seeking a high-energy, enthusiastic, hands-on and mission-driven innovator to join our senior leadership team. The President is responsible for the day-to-day operations of ProAct and will work out of the Eagan, MN facility. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer, work with our board of directors, and is intended to succeed the CEO upon his retirement. The President will play a key role in leading ProAct during a period of transition and transformation within our established industry.
- Strategy Development, Planning and Implementation
- Board Governance – working closely with the Board to fulfill the organization’s mission
- Setting and Modeling ProAct’s Culture, Values and Behavior
- Multiple Location Management
- Development, Leadership and Management of Senior Executive Team
- Financial Performance and Viability – Fiscal integrity of ProAct to include submission to the Board the proposed annual budget and accurate monthly financial statements
- Fundraising – Grants and other revenue streams
- Community Outreach – establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations to strategically enhance ProAct’s mission
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Compliance with all federal, state, county, and local rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all licensing and accreditation requirments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required – Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 10 years of leadership/management experience in Human Services required – industry experience preferred
- Solid organizational abilities including planning, delegating and task facilitation
- Cross-functional management experience
- High-level, strategic thinking and planning – ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future
- Strong financial management skills – proven success in improving financial results
- Experience and skill working with a Board of Directors
- Strong change management skills
- Deep leadership and interpersonal relationship skills
- Business savvy
- Inclusive and collaborative
- Gets things done
- Active listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Must pass DHS background study
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
If you see yourself in this job profile, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information prior to submitting your resume, email your contact information to email@example.com and a member of the Search Committee of the Board of Directors will contact you to answer your questions.
ProAct, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer