Person-Centered Thinking Training – earn continuing education credits
Home / Person-Centered Thinking Training – earn continuing education credits
- This event has passed.
** Please note: location has changed to ProAct, Inc. in Eagan **
A two-day, interactive training for acquiring and practicing effective person centered thinking skills:
- Discovering what is important TO and what is important FOR a person
- The role of rituals & routines
- The power of being listened to
- The impact of having control
- What makes sense and what doesn’t: recording all perspectives
- How to respectfully address issues of health/ safety and support choice
- How to weight variables when matching people who receive supports and provide support
- Creating goals that help people get what is important to them while addressing what is important for them (e.g. safety).
Social Work and Nursing CEUs are offered. Lunch will be provided for registered attendees.
Runs from 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on July 23 and 24.
Please note, registration and payment sites are separate and both must be completed. Click “Create an account” on the registration site at the University of Minnesota and fill in your information. This is important to receive credit for the class and to enter the system for future classes and credits.
Page down through the class events and select ProAct.
The payment site is affiliated with ProAct and can accept payments via credit card.
Questions can be directed to Certified Person-Centered Trainer Dennis Transue at 651-289-3145.
Watch as he announces the training effort.
Additional classes are planned for October 22-23 in Shakopee, January 14-15, 2020 at ProAct in Eagan and April 21-22, 2020, location to be announced.
Start Date - End Date
Jul 23, 2019 - Jul 24, 2019
Start Time - End Time
8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Eagan, MN 55121 United States