March 18, 2020
ProAct has worked diligently to ensure the health and safety of both our participants and staff during these challenging times relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. We take our role as a provider of disability services seriously and have continued to monitor the changing landscape to ensure we are making the best decisions possible. We understand our decisions affect family and residences so making the following changes was not an easy decision.
This week we realized it’s our responsibility to stop providing or modify how the following services are provided at all of our locations effective Friday, March 20, with plans to resume services on Monday, April 6.
• DT&H and Adult Day Services both in-center and in the community will stop.
• Group Employment sites in the community will continue as agreed upon with the employer but work will be performed by ProAct staff.
• Employment Support Services provided to both waiver and DEED funded participants will continue.
• Employment Development Services (waiver) and VR funded employment and related services will continue.
• In-center production work at ProAct’s Eagan location will continue with work being performed by ProAct staff and other workers.
We will work closely with our participants, families, group homes, case managers, guardians and other team members to ensure each participant is safe during the day. Please contact us if you need our assistance to make this happen. We have not been notified of any diagnosed cases of exposure to COVID-19 but encourage anyone high risk based on CDC guidance to stay at home.
Our offices will be closed to the general public over the next two weeks although staff will be available to answer questions and handle any emergency situations. We will operate with a reduced staff during this time period but anticipate being fully operational again on April 6.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time. – Stay safe and healthy!
Steve Ditschler, President and CEO